February 13, 2012

Ah, the Internet

I spent most of the weekend online researching place names for my book. It was exhausting but totally gratifying. I stumbled across a Haida-English dictionary from the 1800's (how accurate it is may be questionable, but still a really cool read, and what a beautiful language) and I got so jazzed reading through it that I developed an entire creation myth for my story world. And, from that, came the ultimate resolution of my plot! I was so excited I wrote the whole thing down in one sitting; it is so perfect that the end is a direct result of the very beginning, events that happened even before my story starts! (My poor son will probably develop carpel tunnel syndrome from spending too much time playing video games as a result of my distraction, hopefully he'll forgive me when he grows up obese and socially inept.) 

So it just goes to show, that if you're feeling lost and don't know what to do next, pull yourself out of your own head and look around, inspiration will strike, if you give it a place to aim!

Cheers!
A.J.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you. And I am sure, completely sure, your little one will forgive you when he sees your dreams coming true. Then he'll know his own will, too. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...